There's no secret here, I am hands down one of the BEST emotional eaters I have ever met. At a very young age, I distinctly remember when I first started to fill the "void". Any time I felt upset or alone after my father left his physical form, I would quickly turn to food. This pattern stuck to me like glue(as well as my hips), and still continues to haunt me to this day.
The awareness of my pattern and the willingness to change is my grace. Throughout my 30 day journey of "no emotional eating"(PMS hasn't hit yet so bare with me),I am in the process of filling up on self-love by reaching inward for the comfort I have always been longing for. If this isn't something we learn as children, the patterns of self loathing, fear & judgement can carry on throughout a lifetime. But the good news is, you have the power to change it!
In today's society, self love isn't promoted anymore than tinder. Unfortunately, we have to take matters into our own hands and start asking questions. Self love doesn't necessarily have to come from an egotistical place. Loving yourself can be expressed through a massage, a hot bath, or even setting healthy boundaries with others. My journey of self love has not been easy, but it is definetly worth it. For nearly a decade I was looking outside of myself for love & someone to validate who I was. Little did I know I was going to be the first one to do that.
So here we go! :]
13 WAYS TO LOVE YOURSELF WITH NO EXCUSES ::
1. Set healthy boundaries, say no when needed say yes when you mean it.
2. Take an Epsom salt bath with lavander oil.
3. Listen to your body, it always knows what it's talking about.
4. Go for a walk, it's nice outside.
5. Eat healthy foods, you'll live longer.
6. Drink water!
7. Forgive yourself. Every moment is a new moment you can start over and begin again.
8. Trust your intuition.
9. Keep healthy relationships....(HUGE)
10. Set time aside atleast once a week just for you....quality "me" time.
11. Get a massage.
12. Take yourself on a date...this one is my favorite :]
And last but NOT least...
13....Accept yourself for who you are in this moment, you are doing the best you can with what you know.
i love you.